onsdag den 5. august 2020

to go or not to go.... home


I'M OUTTA HERE
On the 17th of July I found myself completely balanced and satisfied. What I just had decided earlier that day was paramount to any decision on the whole trip. To call it all off and exfiltrate the wilderness. Never would I have thought that the choice of leaving my hiking-experience would settle so quickly, but it did and it left without doubt. Let me take you through why;
Contradictory to ending my journey i had ctually just a few days before reloaded my bag with food supplies. Was heading out for 10 days aiming to cross through all of blåfjella skjæker national park. The idea was to end my journey when I met civilization again closer to the west coast of Norway. But half way through my 10 days I ran into two guys. They where on their annual fishing trip. This encounter changed it all.. 
To sum it up, suddenly I was given an opportunity to leave the wilderness with these guys. Not only leave, but also really enjoy the wilderness and share good moments. A magic shortcut out of the huge blåfjella skjæker national park. They had arranged two boat rides of about an hour in total. A "national park guard" would pick them up. They offered me to join them and I could even drive with them pretty far down south in Norway afterwards. Close to Trondheim  airport. Everything seemed to lead me to Copenhagen at that moment. It felt right. It felt like finishing "on top of things". I stayed with them in their cabin and we went fishing all night. Good times. Thanks guys!
CIVILIZATION VS NATURE
The reunion with society, friends and family is a chapter alone.. Once I got to the metro in Copenhagen I lost my camera bag. Fuck. Luckily, against all odds, I got it back with the help of service staff and my brother picking it up for me. What a thrill. What a... fucked up situation to put myself in? Guess I got distracted by overstimulation. The perfumes in the air, all the corporate branding everywhere, the sounds of the city that never stops, the smiles from the beautiful people of Copenhagen, the sexy summer ambiance of an earlier "corona locked down" city, cigarettes and graffiti, the statues and huge buildings. All the magic that we as a species has created. Oh how I love the Copenhagen life for its endless free falling diversity.. an ever going flow of creativity channeled by humen into a playground, workspace and living facilities. Can't  help that I just love the "copenhagen life style" for its free spirited safe environment just as much as I love the wilderness for its hazardous neutrality. In the city we choose how we want be be (seen) - in the wilderness I am actually just me. 


THE ADVENTURE CONTINUES 
Another dimension of finishing an adventure is that life continues afterwards. Last year I finished my biking tour the day before beginning a course at the university. What a huge mistake but important lesson to learn. It was the biggest empty hole of boredom I've ever experienced. I didn't reestablish myself at all. I was not ready to be part of something. The urge for daily dopamine rushes of adventure dimensions was too big and made it hard for me. This year I want to gradually go back to the more regular life and have time to reflect. So far, it really does feel better.
PHOTOS FROM THE LAST WEEKS
DO DIFFERENTLY NEXT TIME?
the further north I got, to wilder and more endless the wilderness felt.. Something that calls for me to come back an continue up north in the future. What will I do different? I will spend the money and time it takes to send out food deposits. Should allow me to stay away from civilization and bring a better flow in the experience. What wouldn't I change? I would never go ultra light and stress about moving forward. My mixture of traditional slow fishing adventure with thruhiking felt so good and much safer. It's nice not to be a bit more independent..

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar